Send your ID to email@example.com, and we will promptly provide you with an enrolment form for ACE funding to cover your fee. Please note that we require a copy of your passport or birth certificate as proof of your NZ citizenship or residency. Unfortunately, a driver's licence cannot be accepted. However, we have an alternative solution if you are not a citizen or resident.
No events to show
Unit 1: Meeting and Greeting
- Exchange greetings and make introductions
- Understand simple class instructions
- Learn about the use of facial expressions in NZSL
- Understand about Deaf culture
- Remember to get and give eye gaze before signing
- Learn numbers 1-10
- Learn the fingerspelling alphabet, spell their name, and ask for repetition.
Unit 2: Our Class
- Name language(s) they are learning
- Give and follow action commands
- Ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
- Ask and tell where something is in the class
- Use appropriate phrases for arriving late to class
- Use numbers for counting (0-20) and simple time phrases about class activities
Unit 3: Needs and Wants
- Name typical food and drink items
- Make and respond to requests and offers for basic wants and needs
- Express likes and dislikes
- Understand basic signs about emergency exit procedures
Before the start date of a course, there must be a minimum number of enrolments for it to proceed. If we require more enrolments, we will have to cancel the course.
We will inform you of the cancellation via email; please check your inbox frequently.
If you need to cancel your registration, please review NZSL4U's terms and conditions.