No events to show
Unit 1: Meeting and Greeting
- Exchange greetings and make introductions
- Understand simple class instructions
- Learn about the role of facial expression in NZSL
- Learn to get and give eye gaze before signing (requirements for visual attention)
- Learn numbers 1-10
- Learn the fingerspelling alphabet, spell their name, and ask for repetition
- Learn to use WH questions
Unit 2: Our class
- Identify people in the class
- Name language(s) they are learning
- Give and follow simple instructions and action commands
- Ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
- Ask and tell where something is in the class
- Use appropriate phrases for arriving late to class
- Use numbers for counting (0-20) and simple time phrases for class activities
- Learn to use Yes/No questions
Unit 3: Needs and wants
- Name typical food and drink items
- Make and respond to requests and offers for basic wants and needs
- Express likes and dislikes
- Understand basic signs of emergency exit procedures
**An email with access to resources and course details will be sent a few days before the course starts.
Before the start date of a course, there must be a minimum number of enrolments for it to proceed. If we require more enrolments, we will have to cancel the course.
We will inform you of the cancellation via email; please check your inbox frequently.
If you need to cancel your registration, please review NZSL4U's terms and conditions.